- Ensure that mothers can protect themselves and their children from HIV.
- Help young people take leadership in the AIDS response so that services
meet their needs.
- Support people living with HIV to access care and support.
- Empower women and girls to make their own decisions about their sexual
and reproductive lives and become less vulnerable to HIV.
- Prevent stigma and discrimination, to ensure that human rights and dignity
are respected and to ensure that everyone has equal access to HIV
Between 2016 and 2020 we have a narrow window of opportunity to fill the
AIDS resource gap and accelerate access to comprehensive HIV services.
These services aim to prevent people from acquiring HIV, to reduce the
number of people dying from AIDS-related causes and to eliminate stigma
and discrimination through a human rights-based approach.
With your support, UNAIDS and our partners will be able to end the AIDS
epidemic as a public health threat by 2030.